Saturday, April 20, 2013

Another Swallowtail card....

I've told you before how much I love the Swallowtail a la Carte stamp.  It's so versatile to use in many ways.  I have several cards I've made to show you.  Today I want to show you a card I made which I think would be appropriate to send to a man.  It's not so colorful as some others you see.

This card is made using Midnight Muse card stock.  I layered it with white cardstock and then topped that with Crumb Cake.

The butterfly was stamped using Midnight Muse ink.
 I used a sponge dauber with Crumb Cake to rub a bit of color on the darker parts of the butterfly.
 I stamped the sentiment using the Essentials stamp set from the Spring Mini onto Crumb Cake card stock. I cut it into a flag or ribbon shape.  I layered 3 ribbons under it and used a glimmer brad to attach it to the card.

So while there is ribbon and a glimmer brad on this one, I still this because it's a rather neutral card, it would be appropriate for a man.  Hope you like it!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.