Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Swallowtail....

Today I wanted to share with you three samples I've made using the new Swallowtail stamp from the spring mini.  All three use a different technique.  Now you might see this LARGE stamp and ask how versatile is it?  I found lots of ways to use it.  I will be showing you another card in the future made using it.

This first one has the butterfly embossed in white.  I then sponged Certainly Celery and Marina Mist ink on it with sponges.  I tied the new 3/8" striped organdy ribbon in Marina Mist (from the spring mini) around it.  I just LOVE this new ribbon and will be getting it in the other colors offered!
For this next Swallowtail, I stamped him using black ink and used ink in other colors to color him in.  The sentiment on both these cards is from the new Sale-a-bration (SAB) set Bloomin' Marvelous.  I think the saying "Miracles Happen" is so appropriate for a butterfly!!
For this next butterfly, I inked up the stamp using three different colors of ink and then stamped him on white card stock---so NO coloring on him.  He was quick and easy to do, but look at that color!  What a great card in a few minutes!!
Well, I hope these have inspired you!  If you do not have this stamp yet, what are you waiting for!!  He's fun to use!

OK, go now and stamp your own swallowtail!!  Just come back soon!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.