Monday, December 17, 2012

Blessing of the Animals and more quilting cards....

Yesterday afternoon was our church's Blessing of the Animals at the Manger service. I shared with you information about this in earlier posts and showed you the Top Note die animals I made for the bulletin board announcing the event.  Well, it was Gabby's turn to go to church yesterday and be blessed.  Here are some pictures from the event:

Here are two of the girls from our church who were an angel and Mary.  They have beautiful voices and did a great job singing carols during the event.
 Here is Gabby and I before the service started.  She behaved well; her mama was proud of her!
 Here is our pastor, Karen Easter, blessing Gabby and me.
 This is a friend's granddaughter Julia holding Gabby.  Gabs loves children and misses my own grandchildren!
OK, for your being so nice to view those pictures, I'll share more quilting cards.  I have had fun making these cards and find them very versatile.

This one uses the 1-1/4" punch and you punch two each of three patterns.  I glued down the squares to vanilla cardstock and ran the whole thing through my Square Lattice embossing folder.
The sentiment is stamped on one of the Lots of Tags Sizzlit set and backed with a label punched with the Decorative Label punch.
 Here is a close-up of the squares after they were run through the embossing folder.
This (above) is a card for any occasion.  I decided it would be a nice card for a masculine birthday, so I made this one.  Same layout but using more masculine-colored papers.  I sent it to my BIL Billy for his birthday.  I hope he liked it!
Then, I made this one for a Christmas card--in fact, I made several of these.  
I've decided I LOVE this layout and know I'll be making many more cards using it. 

Thanks for stopping by today---and for being so patient in my absence.  It's a busy time of year and I was away longer than anticipated!
Come back soon!
Smiles, Laura


1 comment:

  1. Laura, your quilt cards are just gorgeous, and those pictures of you and Gabby are really good! You both look great!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.