Monday, November 12, 2012

Fold-back card....

Today I want to share a couple of cards I made recently.  On Pinterest I've seen alot of these cards "folded back" but from the left side toward the right.    I thought it was a neat look, but wanted mind folded back from the right side to the left.  So I made this Christmas one, using the Cherry Cobbler cardstock for the card with vanilla on the front of it.  I used designer paper from the Festival of Prints DSP stack.  But any double-sided designer paper would do.  You simply tear the designer paper in the middle and fold it back.  It's so easy!   I stamped the tree from the Scentsational Season stamp set, and cut it with the Holiday Collection die.  I then applied red sparkle to the tree using the Dazzling Detail in Cherry Cobbler.
 I made alot of cards like this one for our church shut-ins.  I used retired designer paper.  I think this was called Apple Cider but am not sure.  The leaves are punched using non-Stampin' Up! dies.
The uses of this layout are endless.  You could make a birthday card and have a cupcake on the part folded back.  Or for Easter, you could put a bunny or egg.  Need I go on?? 

I guess I'm hooked on finding layouts and trying them with lots of themes.  Thanks for stopping in today!! Come back soon!!
Smiles, Laura

3 comments:

  1. Very nice cards, Laura . . . as always! I, too, have been seeing this card design floating around, and it definitely gives recognition to the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea to show both sides of the paper! Always love your work!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.