Friday, September 7, 2012

Out Comes the Sun.....

For us and so much of the country, we have all been plagued by the rain from Hurricane Isaac the last week or so.  During July and August, we have had over 18 inches at our house---and we are a LONG way from the Gulf.  So this card today seem appropriate.  It was inspired by a card shared by Heather Klump.  But I actually added the "rain drops" to mine.


The boots on this card are from the Bootiful Occasions set and it is so much fun to play with.  I cut my image and word stamps apart so I could use them separately.  It's handier that way.  The card is made using So Saffron cardstock, layered with white cardstock that I used the Finishing Touches Edgelit to cut the edge.  I layered on Floral District designer paper to look like the sky.
 Here is a close-up shot of the raindrops.  For them, I used my stylus dipped in Front White Shimmer Paint and dotted it on to look like raindrops.  I like how they turned out.
 The boots are colored with my aqua painter
I hope you like this one! Thanks for visiting my blog; come back again soon!!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.