Friday, May 11, 2012

More rounded corners...

I know, I know. "Again?" you ask!  Yes, more rounded corners.  I can't help myself.  And I've seen even more on Pinterest, so I guess rounded corners are "the thing" right now.  I know I love them.

Here is a card I made during my last "play day".  I LOVE this paper.  I need to look up who made it so I can share that with you.  But it has neat colors.  
I decided we needed to make this card in class and thought it would make a good Fathers Day card, so we made this one.

I used the colors from the Neutrals Patterns DSP Stack for the squares.  They are cut 1-1/2" so I did not use a punch on them.  You KNOW I use punches when I can, but I wanted these squares larger.    Since this card was for Fathers Day, I wanted something besides butterflies on it.  So I stamped this car from the Need for Speed set onto Vanilla cardstock and cut it out.
I also stamped the card on designer paper (Crumb Cake) and cut out just the car part and "paper pieced it".  I hate to show you this close-up because my fussy cutting isn't great, but I wanted you to see how it's done.  You could also color in the car.
The sentiment for this one is from the Delightful Dozen set.

Hope these two card inspire you to try some rounded corners yourself!

Stop in again soon, OK?  Smiles, Laura



2 comments:

  1. LOVE the diagonal orientation on this! Really gives this type of card a whole new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I LOVE what you're doing with the rounded corner squares! Both of these cards are totally fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.