Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hershey's Kiss...

Happy New Year to you all!!  This is my first entry of 2012.  Can you believe it is 2012 already????  Yesterday was my and hubby's 34th wedding anniversary and we went out for dinner last night.  It started snowing while we were out and the roads all iced over.  The 16 miles home were very slick and we skidded a few times, but arrived home safely.  Whew!  Glad he was driving!  So today we are "iced in" and I will have some stamping time!  So for today's share.....

You all saw my sample the other day using the Blossom Builder punch to make a piece of candy.  When I discovered last fall that the punch would make a piece of candy that looked like a Hershey's kiss, I decided I'd HAVE to do this card (below) for my class in December--in preparation of Valentines Day.  My hubby isn't a sweet eater, but does love just one piece of chocolate sometimes after dinner, so he enjoys Hershey's kisses. 

For this card, I used Cherry Cobbler.  I cut the white card stock using the Note Note die for the candy's background and stamped "Be My Valentine" from the Delightful Dozen stamp set.  I stamped it in Chocolate Chip and colored in the "hollow spots" on the letters with the Cherry Cobbler marker.


For the kiss background, I ran aluminum foil from my kitchen through the Xyron so it would stick and cut it into 2" squares.  I popped up the kiss and added a Cherry Cobbler heart to it, using the small heart punch.  The little heart on the sentiment is from the Owl Builder Punch.  And I used the quilted Cherry Cobbler ribbon around the white Top Note.  

Oh, the "I Love You" sentiment is from the Three Little Words set.  

Well, thanks for stopping in today.  Smiles, Laura

6 comments:

  1. That is so super cute Laura. Love when punches can be used for more than its intended use. Keep up the great work. Enjoy your stamping day.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!!! I'm not surprised that you saw snow--it's quite cold in NC--but am glad you made it home safely. I {heart} your Hershey's Kiss card! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card, love the foil wrapper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card Laura! Will you share how you made the kiss? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is so adorable! I just subbed to your blog. Saw your post about the kiss on LNSDemoOnly, so had to come look at it. Immediately found 3 things that were just so clever! Can't wait to go look through your blog more. That sick face is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.