Monday, September 5, 2011

Three Leaves....

Today I thought I'd share a card we are making in class this month.  I'm feeling like fall and leaves!!  So I used the Leaves #2 die on this one.  It's a fairly simple card, but would be good for many occasions.  In fact, I made several and sent one as a birthday card to my sister Connie, one to friend Vicky for her birthday, one to welcome a new couple into our church fellowship, and one to say Thank You to Jackie for keeping Gabby for us while Frank was in the hospital.  As you can tell, it's versatile--just change the sentiment at the bottom!

For this card, I used Baja Breeze for the card itself, layered with Pear Pizzazz.  I cut two Pear Pizzazz leaves and one from Baja.  I also cut three more leaves from Pocketful of Posies Designer Paper and from the Patterns Stack DSP.  I free hand cut the designer paper leaves---not the cardstock ones. Then I glued the halves of the designer paper leaves onto the cardstock ones.   (Of course I sponged all the edges first with my accent color, Not Quite Navy.)  That's also a piece of Not Quite Navy behind the leaves and the stripe at the bottom is from the Regals Pattern Stack.
Here is  close-up of the sentiment. The sentiment is from the hostess set Perfect Words.   I punched two sizes of circles to go at each end of the sentiment and added a brad on each end.
Before making the card above, I had made this one (below) from non-SU paper, just playing with layouts.  That card is Perfect plum and uses Certainly Celery. 
Close-up of leaves.
Sentiment:
                                 
I'd say this card's pretty in just about any color combination you can think of .  I'm already thinking of some yellow and oranges for fall!!!
Thanks for stopping in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.