Friday, August 26, 2011

Vicky's sorrow.....

My friend Vicky recently lost her cat and I made this card for her, hoping to cheer her a bit.  The card itself is Chocolate Chip, layered with Pool Party.  The designer paper is the new Spice Cake in the Holiday Mini catalog.  You can start ordering from this on September 1.  Let me tell you, I LOVE this suite of paper!!  I love all the designs, which is unusual.

I used the stamp set C Is For Cat.  That's the new In Colors 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon I tied around the card.  I love this ribbon; so dressy.
Here is my sentiment.  I stamped in on vanilla and punched it with the large oval punch.  I smudged Pool Party around the edges of it.  That is layered on the Curly Label in Chocolate Chip and layered onto the wide oval in Pool Party.
This oval was cut from the Ovals die using by big shot.  It's a perfect size for the cat and the sentiment.
I'm not sure you can tell it, but I put one tiny pearl on the cat's ribbon around its neck. 

I hope Vicky found some comfort in knowing that others share her loss!  Our pets are our family, too!
Smiles, Laura

3 comments:

  1. Very nice card, I'm sure it will cheer your friend up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that colour combo, always a classic, and I am sure your friend will love it cause it is the thought that counts and it is from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet card, and very thoughtful. People do love their pets and it is a very emotional time when you lose a little family member. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.