Saturday, July 16, 2011

Wish Big....

I LOVE finding several uses for each punch I own--it makes the investment in these punches more worthwhile.  Well, on the card I'm sharing today, I used two petals from the Blossom Petals Builder punch to make the flame and center of the flame.  I saw this candle on the Artistic Avenger's (Carrie Gaskin)  blog but she did not have the inside "hottest" part of the flame.  I thought of that myself and think it adds alot to the candle.  I used So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie for the flame colors, and sponged around both with the Pumpkin ink to add depth.  I used the white gel pen for the white "light reflection" on each candle.

This card itself is 4.25" x 4.25" when folded up, so the candles can stick up above the card and it still fits nicely into our medium envelopes for mailing.  This card is made from Pear Pizzazz cardstock, layered with Tempting Turquoise and topped off with In Colors Patterns DSP.

The beauty of this card is that you can pick ANY scraps you have to make the candles--candles can be ANY color.  It's a great way to use up those bits of DSP!!  I sponged the edges of the candles to make them look more "rounded" and I used the Small Oval punch to punch out the tops of each candle.
                                
 Here is the same layout, with a Soft Suede card layered with Bashful Blue color theme, and topped again with the Patterns DSP.  The candles are different colors on this one, but you get the idea--you can use anything.
The sentiment on this card, Wish Big, is from the Word Play set.  I colored the various letters using markers so they would be different colors.  And I sponged around the edge of this square, too.

Don't you think this is a neat birthday card to send!!   I made several for my June birthdays!  I hope the folks getting them liked them.

Thanks for visiting today!!  See you another day!!

Ed. Note:  I finally found the original card by Carrie that inspired me and actually I'd say I CASE'd her card!  My candles are a bit different but the layout and using 3 candles was her idea.  Thanks, Carrie!!  Check hers out at http://www.artisticavenger.com/ .
Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. Not sure where my post went, as I posted to this one early this morning. I like this card and since I have several birhtday's coming up in the next few weeks, I am going to case the candle idea! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.