Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hello to you!!

 I know, I know, you can't believe I'm back.  Well, I thought I would not get back to you and my beloved stamping but I hope I'm about there!!  I have MOST of the work done on the house--they just need to tile my backsplash and one bathroom floor next week.  I am definitely tired of cleaning out!! I told friends today that I still don't have "empty spaces" in my drawers and cabinets.  But where they once were "crammed to spilling out" they are now "comfortably full"---which is better than it might be. 

I have missed posting for you all.  When I saw my friend Judy Friday night, I said , "I haven't posted to my blog in forever."  Judy replied, "You haven't since June 27."  I was amazed that she knew the exact date of my last entry.  I love being missed!!! 

In spite of working on the house, I DID take time to place an order for tons of new stuff.  Hey, I might be busy, but my priorities are in order!  ha!  I have tons of new stamp sets to create with, some new designer paper and new ruffled ribbon.  I can't wait to get started in my stamp room!!!

Here is a card I made during June as part of a swap I was committed to.  I used the new set Pennant Parade and the new Petite Pennants Builder punch.  The colors are Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, and So Saffron.  I used the Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper for this one, too. 
 Here are the pennant pieces.  I stamped them in Wasabi on Saffron and then punched them out.  I've found with this new punch that you stamp to the RIGHT side of a piece of paper and then punch--this will save you some cardstock.  Then I punched out a "plain" pennant (without scallops) from striped designer paper to layer on the Saffron.  I used the Naturally Serif die and Pumpkin cardstock  for the letters "Y O U".  Here you can see the close-up of the white background, too, where it is embossed with the Square Lattice die.  Love that die!!

I wanted you also to see how I punched a small hole in the corner of each pennant and ran white bakers twine through it to tie all three pennants together.
 For this part (below), I punched 5 circles from various patterns of the designer paper with the 1" circle punch.  The circles are glued to a strip of designer paper.  This picture also shows the sentiment.  The Saffron back is punched with the Scalloped Oval punch.  I layered Pumpkin punched with the Modern Label over that and stamped Happy Birthday and punched it with the Word Window punch. 

Well, I hope you like the sample today.  I'm glad to be back.  Leave me some comments, so I know you are glad, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.