Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One more Easel Butterfly....

OK, one more butterfly easel today--this one more suitable for a man.  I just love making these and can't seem to stop myself.  I hope you are not bored yet!

This card is Marina Mist with a mat of Pear Pizzazz and a layer of stripe designer paper from the Sale-a-bration Ice Cream Parlor pack.  I just love the stripes on this one.
Not too much to tell you on this one, if you've visited my blog recently.  This butterfly is made just like the last two I shared.    Here is another shot of it opened up ("fluffed out").
As you can see, the layers are Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, and Bashful Blue and all are run through a couple of embossing folders to give that butterfly texture.  And of course I sponged color around the edges to add interest.  One more close up of the butterfly, sitting up.  I sent this one to my stamping friend Holly so she could enjoy it sitting on her desk.
I did add some photo corners to two edges of this one, because I was not putting the strip or ribbon across it.  I guess you might say it's a bit drab, but I love the green and blue on this butterfly.

Thanks for stopping in today!! Smiles, Laura

3 comments:

  1. All of your butterfly easel cards are gorgeous! I love the differences in colors and accents on each of them. The clean design of this one is beautiful and I love how you created the sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura
    I love these butterflies but thought they were too small for cards all alone so I love the idea of putting them on cards. Yours are gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration! I will be making some of these soon!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.