Monday, March 14, 2011

Leprachaun.....

I've shared this Funky Folds card with the little Leprachaun on some of my yahoo groups and am getting requests to put him here on my blog and show how he's done.  I made this card for friend Rose as my swap in a St. Patrick's Day challenge.  I got inspriation from Ellen Kemper and Samantha Parisi from their leprachauns.  Rose always compliments me on my punch art so I thought I'd make this fellow for her.  She seemed to like him!

OK, so first I'll tell you how the leprachaun is made.
           
I used the following punches for various parts of him:
Head: Ornament punch
Hair:  Scallop Circle punch, cut in half
Mustache:  5-Petal Flower punch
Hat:  Word Window and 1-1/4" circle punches
Body:  Wide Oval punch
Arms:  Large oval punch
Belt:  Word Window and Slot punches
Boots and Shamrock:  Heart to heart Punch
Legs:  Large Oval Punch
Nose, eyes,and ears:  1/4" circle punch
Outer eye:  2-step Owl Punch

Here is a picture of the card opened up:
This is called a Funky Folds card and I've posted instructions for making it before, but here they are again:
I hope you can figure out how to cut and score the card from this picture.  You can scroll back in my entries and see other cards made using this layout.  This is really a fun card!  I hope you all enjoy him!

Smiles, Laura

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE my leprechaun and will proudly take him out and about with me all day on St. Patrick's Day. My mother and sister are going to love him, thanks so much Laura for thinking of me, you do know me so well, I do love your punch art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card, Laura! THANK YOU for the instructions!!! I think I'm going to go "play" now! :)

    Blessings,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried, but I am having trouble following the instructions for cutting...I need visuals. Is there a video tutorial for this?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.