Saturday, March 26, 2011

Eastern Blooms

Here is a card I made recently that I wanted to share today.  It uses the Sahara Sand as the card color, with layers of Not Quite Navy and Marina Mist.  I added Rick Razzleberry for interest. 
                                      
The two panels on the front were run through the Square Lattice embossing folder to give it some texture.  Love it!!  I think the 3 little 1/8" ribbons wrapped around the front are a hit, don't you?  If you haven't started using these smaller ribbons, you should try them!!

 Of interest on this card is the flower.  Using my stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the same flower from Eastern Blooms onto three  pieces of vanilla cardstock, add the same size, using Razzleberry, Marina Mist and Not Quite Navy.  Then I tore two of the flowers so that I could layer some of each color onto the Marina Mist one.  I have Razzleberry on two sides.  I think this adds more interest than just having one colored flower.
I want to show you one more thing about the card.  Notice the label I stamped Hello onto?  Well that's one END of the Decorative Label Punch.  Yes, I punched out one Decorative Label, then put one end of it back into the punch just a bit and punched again.  I wish I had taken a shot of it in the punch, but hope you can figure it out.  Makes a neat little label for just one word like this.  (That's "Hello" from the Tiny Teacup set.)              
                                       
Hope this one has inspired you today!!  Thanks for stopping by.  Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. Laura,

    What a clever idea with the punch! I can not wait to try this on my own. I love all of the layers and textures you have here. This is also one of my favorite color combos in the SU colors.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.