Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Banner Picture...

Do you like my new blog picture?  We've taken down Christmas decorations so my Christmas wreath came down.  I needed needed something to take us through January, so I made this wreath this week for our door.  It's very timely because the weather folks are predicting snow again tonight for us.  So the wreath is ideal.
 
 I share it with you because I cut the words and snowflakes using Stampin' Up! dies!  The snowflake and words are cut from white fun foam, so they stand the weather very well.  (My door in under a cover so it doesn't get blowing rain, but it does get dampness and cardstock would not hold up very well.  Fun foam is ideal!)  I cut the snowflakes with my Big Shot using the Snowflakes #2 die.  The words "Peace, Joy, Love and Cheer" I cut from the Join in the Cheer Strip die.   And that is what we wish for our guests in the new year---peace, joy, love and cheer.  (Of course the evergreen wreath and ribbon were  purchased locally.)
I added purple ribbon because I use purple in my house a lot and it's a "cold" weather color.  But Stampin' Up! has some great ribbons that would be nice on the wreath, too. 

While this "share" isn't stamping related, it is another way to use your stamping supplies/equipment.

Thanks for visiting today!!  Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.