Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Triple snowmen....

Recently my friend the very talented Holly Craft posted this picture of her new grandson Jackson and a stocking she bought him on her blog (here).  Holly was adding his name to the top of the stocking.  I was just taken with this picture.  Not only is Jackson a DOLL and Holly's photo taking skills the best, but the snowmen on the stocking were just darling.  I just had to try making a card with these three fellows.  (Remember, you get your inspiration wherever you find it.)
 I snapped a picture of Jackson's picture with my card.
 So here is my card.  The card is Bashful Blue, layered with Marina Mist, and topped with Cherry Cobbler.  The original stocking is more Real Red, but I wanted to use the Cherry Cobbler.  I used the 1-3/8" circle punch for their heads.  I also used the second to the largest circle on the Circles #2 die for the bodies. 
Here is a closeup of the faces.  I drew in the eyes and the "x" buttons.  And I used the markers for the lines on the cap and scarves. 
Hope this inspires you to look around at purchased Christmas cards, napkins, stocking, all sorts of things for your inspiration. 

Come back for more Christmas cards later in the week.  Thanks for visiting.  Smiles Laura

1 comment:

  1. This is one gorgeous card and the photo inspiration is just too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.