Thursday, December 16, 2010

Scenic Season...

Hi!  Hope you are having a great day.  I wanted to share another Christmas card I made recently.  This one uses the Scenic Season stamp set.  I stamped it in Garden Green .  Then I matted the "snow" on the ground and punched a circle from a Post It note to put in the sky, so I could sponge some blue on for the sky.  When I removed the Post It note, I stamped the bird in red.  (I think I told you last time I used this set that I cut my bird out separately so I stamp use it in another color.  
                                     
For the white background, I embossed it with the Northern Flurry embossing folder from the Holiday Mini.  The card itself is Basic Black with Bashful Blue matting behind the white.  I stamped PEACE ON EARTH from the Peaceful Season hostess set in the Holiday Mini on the white before I embossed it.  I tied a white ribbon around the front before I put the round "scene" circle on.

 Here is a closeup of the bird and  winter "sun"
This circle is matted with black cut just a bit larger.  I did this to go with the color of the card itself.

Hope you are inspired today!  Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.