Friday, December 3, 2010

Guest Artist today!!

I am thrilled to have my friend Vicky Holmes as my guest artist today.  You’ve seen her work on here before and I am honored she allowed me to show her beautiful work again. She showed me a snowman card she’d made and when I asked if I could post it on my blog, she agreed and also sent me another card (below) with two snowmen on it. 

And she tells us how to make both cards. Here are her instructions and dimensions


Base Card CS: Whisper While 5-1/2 X 4- 1/4
Layer Marina Mist 5- 1/4 X 4
Whisper 5- 1/4 X 2 -1/4, single snowman, 2- 1/2 for double one. Then tear

Stamps: SU Cold Play and PK Faces
Embossing Folders: SU Northern Flurry and Cuttlebug Snow
Ink Pads: Marina Mist, Early Espresso, Real Red, Whisper White
CS: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Real Red
Markers: Black, Blush Blossom
Emboss Powder: Iridescent Ice
Glitter: Dazzling Diamonds
Punches: Circles: 1- 1/4, 1- 3/8, 1- 3/4, 1/4 and Heart to Heart punch
Sponge, Big Shot, Heating tool

Sponge edges of circles, W. White snow and base card with Marina Mist ink. Stamp faces before punching.

Tap Whisper White ink Pad on embossing folder (I used the side that has the EF Brand name), put Marina Mist CS, close, and quickly run it through Big Shot, sprinkle iridescent ice, and emboss with heat tool. the first 2 steps have to be fast so ink doesn't dry and Iridescent ice sticks to it.

Used Cold Play stamp set for arms and hat, then cut shapes out, for hat I used Markers on the stamp to get the 2 colors.

Thanks, Vicky, for sharing these with us.  Leave your comments, because I know Vicky will enjoy hearing how you like her work!!   Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.