Saturday, December 18, 2010

Circle Santa

Today I just had to share with you my little Santa made with a 2" circle punch cut flat on the bottom (my 2-1/2" circle punch is on its way to me from Stampin' Up! and would be a better body--a little bigger!). 

The hat is cut using the 1-1/4" circle and so is the face. 
 To make the beard, I first ran white cardstock through the Manhattan Flower embossing folder to get some dimension on it.  Then I punched it with the Scallop Circle punch.  I used the 1" circle punch to cut out for the face.  The fur hat trim is punch from the same embossed sheet using the Word Window punch, cut a little short to fit the hat.  I used the bottom of the Curly Label punch to cut off a piece to use for the mustache.  You can see on this one the I popped up the nose with a dimensional to make his face look more realistic.
 Here is another Santa -- he is a bit taller than the first  The placement of the head on the body determines how tall the Santa is going to be.
 His hands/mittens are the Heart Small punch, trimmed to show thumbs.  Legs and arms are just strips of red cardstock I freehand cut.  His elf shoes are punched with the ornament punch for the top around the ankle and then freehand cut to form the foot part.

Here is another close up of this Santa's face.  I show two because for this one's mustache, I used the SIDE, rather than the BOTTOM of the Curly Label punch to cut the mustache and I think I like the more narrow mustache better.  I sponged  Crumb Cake around the white beard, mustache and hat trim to make it show up.  On this Santa, I popped up his head with dimensionals.  I like that better.
                                    
The sentiment on this card (MERRY CHRISTMAS) is from the Christmas Greetings stamp set.  I just cut around it and then sponged on some red  around it.  Oh and I should add that the card itself is Real Red cardstock, matted with black, and the card front is Pear Pizzazz from the Patterns DSP Pack.

I believe this is one of my favorite cards I've made this Christmas.  Funny how you make a card and it's your favorite; you make another and like it best, and on and on.  I truly LOVE designing Christmas cards.  I have a few more gift card holders I need to make and then will start focusing on Valentines!  Love these holidays!!

Have a great day!  Thanks for visiting my blog!!  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.