Thursday, November 18, 2010

I see a star!

My ladies asked for a penguin so I thought we'd better make one this year in class.  Here is a little lone fellow, looking up at a very special star.  To start, I sponged white cardstock with Night of Navy, Pacific Point and Bashful Blue ink to get the sky look.  I tore a piece of cardstock to look like piled snow and matted the bottom of the card as I sponged.  Then I stamped snowflakes from the Serene Snowflakes stamp set onto the "sky" with white ink.  I stamped NOEL from Many Merry Messages onto the snow with black ink.  The star in the sky is from the Come to Bethlehem set.  It was stamped in Daffodil Delight ink on Daffodil Delight CS and then cut out.  I put a rhinestone "jewel" in the center of the star.
To make the little penguin, I used the wide oval punch for the body, the 1-3/8" circle for his head and the large oval for the white part of his face.  His beak is part of the flower punched in Pumpkin Pie with the Five Petal Flower punch.  His feel are the small oval punch, with some trimming done on them.  His eye is drawn on.
To finish him off, I tied a square knot from Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon and used a glue dot to mount it onto his neck..  I love that little finishing touch!

I hope I've given you enough information for you to be able to make your own little fellow.  He's fun!
Thanks for visiting me today.  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.