Saturday, September 25, 2010

Snowflakes....

I know with this beautiful fall weather, it's hard to think of winter and snow, but it will come!  I'm starting to work on my Christmas cards (and winter cards) and wanted to play with the new Northern Frost Decorative Strip die.  This die is in the Holiday Mini and has 8 different snowflakes on it.  What fun to cut all those beauties!!
                                   
For this card, I used a Bashful Blue card, layered it with white and then added a Bashful Blue layer on top.  I embossed the top blue layer with the new Northern Flurry embossing folder, also from the Holiday Mini.  You can see it well in this close-up shot  
                                        . 
I brushed the white stamp pad over the raised parts of the snowflake to add some white onto it.  Then I added the white snowflakes cut with the die on top of that.  I put a Pearl Jewel in the center of each one.  They show up so nicely.

The sentiment is from the Bells and Bough stamp set in the Holiday Mini.  I stamped it Night of Navy and punched it with the Wide Oval punch.  I added a white satin ribbon behind it.  Isn't this a great winter card?

See you another day! Smiles, Laura



1 comment:

  1. Laura
    This is an awesome card. I love love love it. Are you going to make this in class? Also the mushrooms in your header are lovely. I hope to be back stamping with you soon.
    Diane G

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.