Friday, September 10, 2010

More Halloween....

I'll share another Halloween card with you today.  This is a swap I did for a yahoo group I'm in. 
                              
The card itself is made of Basic Grey cardstock and is 4.25" x 4.25".  The Elegant Eggplant and Pumpkin pie frame is sticking out to the right over the edge of the card, so that it still fits into a regular A2 envelope.  I rolled the Web wheel across it 3 times to get the background on the card.
                                      
The part with the picture is Daffodil Delight and I stamped the tree and owl from House of Haunts in black.  Then I punched out a 1" circle from a Post It note and stuck it on where I wanted the moon.  I sponged Old Olive ink all over the Daffodil cardstock to give it the greenish look.  I sponged with Basic Grey around the edge of the picture.

The sentiment is from Grateful Greenings set.  I stamped this in black and overstamped a jack-o-lantern from the House of Haunts set in Pumpkin Pie ink.  That is backed with an Old Olive scalloped circle.  

The ribbon is the finishing touch.  I just LOVE this beautiful striped ribbon that Stampin' Up! has in many wonderful colors.  I hope the girls in this swap like the sample!

Thanks for stopping in.  Smiles, Laura 

1 comment:

  1. Such great detail! I love your card. The sponging over the yellow gave a great effect. Great job on this! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.