Monday, September 13, 2010

Let's think fall.....

With the long hot summer we've had, it is surely time to start thinking fall.  In fact, we had 48 degrees here one morning this week, so fall is beginning to peep her face out.  I am participating in a challenge swap where they give you the card requirements and you have to make a card to send to just one person.  For this challenge, we were given this card (below) and told to change three things about it. (It just so happens it is a card by me that I made for an earlier swap.)  
So I got busy yesterday afternoon to make my card for my challenge partner. I wanted my card to look fall-ish, since I'm anticipating fall now!   Here is what I made:
The card itself is Pumpkin Pie and the front layer is Cajun Craze.  I embossed the Cajun using the Square Lattice embossing folder, same as the original sample.  I put a scalloped square using the new Scalloped Squares Duo Die for the bigger square on here.  The sentiment is from the Seasonal Sentiments set from the Holiday Mini.  It has four wonderful sentiments in the set for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentines.  The little tree is from the Trendy Trees stamp set.  The base of the tree was stamped in Crumb Cake and the leaves with Cajun Craze.  

I punched the leaves using the Two Step Bird punch.  The leaves in that punch are SO versatile.  They are punched from Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock.  I added the wide striped Pumpkin Pie bow. 

So what do you think, comparing the two cards?  I made quite a few changes, but can you tell it is the same layout?  I hope so!!  And I hope I wasn't supposed to just change THREE things, because I changed more.   Oh, well, I hope my partner likes the card!

Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.