Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Yes, let's think Christmas....

Some of my customers are already asking for Christmas cards, so I have starting thinking about designing some for class. Here is one I made using the new Come to Bethlehem set in our new catalog. I asked SU several times for a stampset with wisemen and camels and they gave us this one. I'm so excited about using it. It is very hard to tell the colors in this one, but the card itself is Elegant Eggplant and Blissful Blue with a mat of Brushed Silver in there. It looks so elegant in person. The stamp of the wisemen is a bit hard to ink because of the solid space and I am still working with mine to get it to ink well. All the wording shown is also in the set as two words stamps.
I used a sponge dauber to brush eggplant around the edges of the blue to make you think of night. This star comes on the same stamp as the wisemen, but I cut mine off because I wanted to use it separately and color it differently. All of my words and images are stamped with Elegant Eggplant except this star. I used Encore Silver on it and it shows up so pretty. I put a Jewel in Basic Rhinestone in the center and does it twinkle!! It finished off this simple card perfectly.
We'll be doing this one in class sometime soon. I hope my ladies like it!! Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.