Thursday, July 22, 2010

Save a cow--eat more pork!

Before his party on Sunday, Dad wanted to provide lunch for the entire family, so we wouldn't all have to go out to a restaurant for it and have to hurry. He catered a pork bar-be-cue lunch with cole slaw, etc. It was delicious. I wanted to thank Dad for the lunch, so I made him this card.

For all of his life, my dad raised registered Hereford cows (the Southern name is "white face" cows) for sale for meat production. So I thought he would like these cows on his "thank you" card. The label says "Save a cow--Eat more pork!" I thought he'd like that. Inside, I put, "Thank you for eating pork!!"Look at these cute cows. They are made using the Round Tab punch. I tore the "white face" for each cow, to go down the middle. The ears are made using the 5-Petal Flower punch, with each ear one of the petals. The inside of the ears are made from the leaf of the Two-step Bird punch. And for the nose, I used the Small Oval punch. I don't know if you can see it or not, but I scored the background to make the barn "boards". I think the card turned out pretty cute. I haven't talked to Dad since he got this card in the mail, but I know he is going to enjoy it!
(ED. note: I talked to Dad yesterday afternoon and he LOVED the card. He "got it" about beef and pork immediately . Glad I cheered his day.)
Thanks for stopping in!! Smiles, Laua

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you did the cows! Amazing what that torn white strip did - very clever, Miss Laura!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative. Those cows are adorable! The scoring of the card stock to make the barn look was genius. Great card! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! this will be on my punch art inspiration of the day tommorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! My dad also raised Herefords on our farm growing up. I may have to CASE it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Instead of eating pork who is also a charming animal,why not eating vegetables?
    Your card is so cute

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.