Wednesday, June 9, 2010

VW "Bug-eye"

Which of us doesn't remember with fondness the little VW "bug-eye". In my former life, a red VW bug was our first car.  We carried our son, his highchair, porta crib, and other supplies in that little car all over the place.  When he grew up, my son wanted a VW bug for his first car and had a blue one!  He loved that car and you'd see it all over town.  Well, when I saw where someone made a VW bug with punches, I just had to make one for my son.  (So sorry I don't have her name to credit her--the picture I saved didn't have her name!)  Here is his card:
The samples uses mostly the wide and large oval punches.  Yes, I have the "tires" too long and corrected that on the next sample.  But I still think my son will like it when it arrives by mail.  I used the Lovely as a Tree stamp set for the background.  Isn't this a fun card!! We are making this one in my class this month.
Enjoy!!   Smiles, Laura


2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Don't worry about the tires being too "long" . . . just tell Nathan that you used a lift kit on his VW. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the link to the lady who created this punch art
    http://flowerbug.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/05/punch-art-vw-bug.html
    Aren't they too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.