Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I refuse to say "Round 5"!!

OK, you all know we have had more snow here in the South this year than any time in recent memory! So we got it again--9" this time. But let me tell you--it is beautiful!! It fell all day yesterday with big flakes and they piled up quickly! It looked like whipped frosting. It was fun to watch it fall. I decided to take Gabby for a walk down to the mailbox. Look at the snow on our mailbox!! It was a fun walk but Gabby gave me my laugh for the day. I've told you she is loving this snow. Well, it is about a 1/2 mile walk--down and back. She was hopping behind me in my tracks when we got back. The steepest part of the walk is coming back up "house hill" so she was not opposed to stopping a couple of times to rest with me. Look at her snowballs on her legs! I figured she was probably carrying about half again her weight in snow. It's hard to see in the picture with her IN the snow, but look at her on the carport! Isn't she funny!

And her face looking at me says, "Mom, DO NOT laugh at me. Get these things OFF!!"

Thanks for humoring me and looking at these funny pictures of Gabby. Your reward is a couple of samples I made recently. I have been cleaning out my stamping room, moving around furniture and sorting through things, trying to make the work area more efficient. So I haven't had a chance to stamp this week. But here are two samples I made earlier.

Both samples use the Asian Artistry stamp set. I just love this set and wish it wasn't a hostess set, so we could count on it being in the next catalog! I used the Elegant Eggplant and Lovely Lilic and Basic Black on this one. And the Modern Label punch.
For this one, I used Sofe Suede and Bashful Blue cardstock. I used the Scallop Edge, Scallop oval and Large oval punches. I added the Soft Suede Polka Dot grosgrain ribbon.

This "THANKS" card is your thank you for visiting my blog today. Come back soon. Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. First I have to say that those "snow leggings" on your little gabby are hysterical!!! Secondly both of your cards are beautiful! Two totally different looks with the stamp!! GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my lord what a cute pup!

    I love those cards, esp the first one, its looks so tricky!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.