Thursday, September 3, 2009

Autumn Splendor

We can now order from the new SU Holiday Mini and I'm telling you, it is FULL of so many neat things, I hardly know where to start. This set, Autumn Splendor, is one of my very favorites. At first I thought I would not order it, but then decided I HAD TO HAVE it. I have played with it so much, I'm so glad I bought it!! This is my first card I made.Then I decided to try something different. This one is OK, but I didn't really like this one the best--it needed more layers behind some of the images. So I tried again.This sample was getting there, but still that oval needed a layer behind it. So, back to the drawing board....I finally came up with this card for my class to make this month! I am pleased with it and think my ladies will like it. I uses the new Aumumn Meadows DSP from the Holiday Mini (love that stripe pattern!!) and Taken with Teal, Really Rust and Whisper White CS and Chocolate Chip 3/4" grosgrain ribbon. I love the backing for the acorns. That's two Round Tab punches layered to make a circle. Neat, huh? And I wanted to add that the Thankful Thoughts of You wording is from the new Grateful Greetings set, also in the new Holiday Mini.This card (below) is one I made for a Holiday Mini Swap I participated in. I hope the others in the swap liked my card.Here is one more card to show you. This one uses More Mustard and Very Vanilla CS. I embossed the leaves on it using the retired Very Vanilla embossing powder. Look closely at the ribbon. That's the satin organza ribbon which comes in all white. I colored the center strip with my More Mustard marker and let it dry before adding it. Isn't that a neat way to color the ribbon!! I hope you have enjoyed these cards! I have more Autumn Splendor samples to share with you another time. I tell you, I've had fun with this set!! Thanks for stopping in. Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.